Cauliflower “Rice” Tabbouleh
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 5 MINUTES
SERVINGS 3 SERVINGS
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 12 oz cauliflower rice approximately 2 cups*
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion*
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste optional
- Begin by preparing your cauliflower rice. Use 1 large head of cauliflower and chop into florets. Pulse for about 10-15 seconds in a food processor. You can also use 1 package Trader Joe’s frozen Organic Cauliflower rice and heated in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Place rice in a large bowl. Add all vegetables and fresh herbs, and mix well.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
- Add more salt and lemon pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors meld.
I used red onion, although traditional tabbouleh contains scallions. You can use scallions in place of the red onion, I just prefer the stronger taste of red onion.