Amy Burkhart MD, RD
Integrative Medicine Physician and Registered Dietitian.
Dr. Burkhart is one of only two physicians in the U.S. who is also a registered dietitian and board-certified in integrative medicine. Thus, she approaches problems from a unique perspective using traditional medicine, nutrition, and integrative medicine. When asked what she does for a living, she replies, ” I help people struggling for answers as well as those looking for a different type of health care. Outside of the office, I write about topics that address health in ways others may not have.”
University of Arizona Associate Fellowship in Integrative Medicine
Highland Hospital/UCSF-Residency Training in Emergency Medicine
The University of California, Irvine College of Medicine MD
University Of Chicago Celiac Disease Preceptorship
University of California, Berkeley-Coordinated Internship in Nutrition and Dietetics
The University of California, Berkeley-BS in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dr. Burkhart is board-certified in Integrative medicine and is a Registered Dietitian.
- She received her MD degree at the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine.
- She completed an emergency medicine residency at the Highland Hospital/UCSF program.
- Dr. Burkhart also completed a two-year fellowship in integrative medicine with Dr. Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona.
- Preceptorship program at the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center for additional training in celiac disease/gluten disorders.
- Undergraduhttps://www.cureceliacdisease.org/ate studies: University of California Berkeley Clinical nutrition and dietetics.
- Clinical nutrition/dietetics internship at U.C. Berkeley.
Dr. Burkhart lives with celiac disease and has eight family members with celiac disease. She understands, on a very personal level, the challenges of living with a chronic health condition.
Board Member and Medical Advisor: Celiac Community Foundation of Northern California. She is a specialist in celiac disease and gluten/wheat-related disorders. She has educated physicians, dietitians, and the general public about celiac disease and gluten sensitivity since 2008.
Camp Celiac: Volunteer Physician 2010-Present
Medical Advisory Board: Gluten Free and More Magazine 2015-2019
Member North American Society for the study of Celiac Disease 2016-present
- English and Spanish