Your First Visit
- As of July 1, 2021, new patient appointments for anyone outside of California or Hawaii must be done in person. Please feel free to contact the office for details.
- Returning appointments can be done virtually as can new patient appointments for California or Hawaii residents.
- Dr. Burkhart treats many chronic digestive conditions. She has particular expertise in SIBO, Celiac disease, Gluten/wheat-related disorders, IBS, food allergies and sensitivities, the Low FODMAP diet, and Dysautonomia/POTS.
- She does treat many other conditions. If you have further questions regarding your condition, leave a message at the office (707) 927-5622 or email us at [email protected], and we will get back to you.
- The initial appointment is 2 hours. During this time, you will discuss your medical history/health concerns, diet, lifestyle, sleep, community, social support system, habits, etc.
- The goal of your first visit is for Dr. Burkhart to get a comprehensive overview of you and your health concerns. Based on the visit, she will make recommendations based on your needs and beliefs.
- For some patients, this may include supplements and complementary therapies. For others, it may be more conventional approaches such as dietary and lifestyle guidelines and medications.
- Dr. Burkhart is happy to provide options to fit your individual needs.