Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Passive Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, sub avocado
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Put oil in a small saucepan and warm up gently on low heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic chunks to the saucepan and remove from heat.
- Let sit for one hour so the oil can infuse with the garlic flavor.
- In the meantime, prep a small clean jar. Sterilize the jar by filling it with boiling water and letting it sit for a few minutes. Dry and set aside.
- When the hour is up, fill up your jar and use or keep refrigerated for 3 days max. There’s a risk of botulism if you keep it longer.
- If you do not plan on using it within 3 days, you can freeze it into ice cubes and use it within the month. I know it seems odd to freeze oil but you can. The cubes can be tossed into soups, sauces, stews, curries, and casseroles.
- You can double or triple the recipe depending on how much oil you use during the week.